NOMAD Australia Design Recycled Mat, Extra Large, Blue & Green
2.4 x 6m
This creative mat design calls to your inner traveller! Go ‘walkabout’ around Australia with the unique Nomad Australia design recycled mat in bright blue and green. With extra large dimensions, this mat is popular as a camping mat, classroom floor covering or for sitting on at outdoor sports events or markets. Use it to remember the places you’ve been – or list the places you’d like to go on your next Australian voyage of discovery.
Aboriginal artist Wallamarra Elliot is behind this lively map motif. From Wiradjuri country, in central New South Wales, he is a visual artist, tattoo artist and proud dad. Tapping into his Indigenous heritage, Elliot has created an Australian map that showcases his community’s connection to the natural world, with footprints across the earth and symbols representing regional animals and sea creatures.
The Nomad mat is ideal in the classroom as a fun and engaging conversation starter for topics including geography, nature and Indigenous art. Its large size means it will make a big visual impact in an office foyer or community centre, or become the talking point of your living room or outdoor area.
Like all indoor/outdoor rugs from Recycled Mats, the Nomad mat is easy to clean and care for. Made from 95% recycled plastics, dust, sand or food spills wipe away with ease. These mats can be hosed down for heavier soiling and folded or rolled up for storage or transportation.
These extra large mats also feature eyelets for attaching tie downs if using them outdoors.
Available in earthy black and orange, or oceanic blue and green, the Nomad Australia design recycled mat is comfortable, long lasting and easy to maintain. Celebrate culture and the beautiful wildlife of Australia with a practical, stylish ground cover.
Pair it with one of our Sunset Banquet Picnic Tables.
And don't forget our super comfy Egg Pod Chairs. There's plenty of room on this mat for two or more. How about one each? .
Origin of design: Australian Aboriginal
Name of artist: Wallamara Elliot
Name of design: Nomad
Tribe: Wiradjuri country, central New South Wales.
Size: 2.4 x 6m, with 6 eyelets for tie down purposes.
Colours: Blue and green.
Fabric: Recycled plastic
- Washable & quick drying
- Foldable for easy storage
- FREE Nylon Carry Bag included
- Eyelets included for tie down purposes
- Sand friendly - simply use your broom to brush sand through the weave or off to the side
- Caravan Park friendly - will not kill grass, however, may discolour grass depending on the time left in one spot
- UV Protected to assist with sun damage - recommended for outdoor use but not full-time sun exposure
*Also available in the following colour options – Black and orange.
Note: Comes with a strong, reusable carry bag worth $19.95 included in the price!
These mats are reversible. Photos show both sides of the same mat.
How to fold your mat:
Care Instructions: All our floor mats have been made to the best attainable standards from UV treated recycled polypropylene. Follow our guide to mat maintenance for cleaning and storage instructions. Our floor mats and playmats are suitable for indoor and outdoor use, but extensive exposure to sun or rain will lead to fading and deterioration over time.
Recycled Mats is a proud long-term member of the Indigenous Art Code, which ensures transparent, fair and ethical business trade in works of art by Indigenous artists.
*More information can be found about all of our artists on our artist's blog.
- Playmat in childcare centres and kindies
- Library 'storytelling' rugs
- Spread it on the floor to catch paint spills while the kids are having fun
- Use it during school or family outings
- Sporting occasions
- Family reunions
- Perfect for the beach – sand just washes or shakes off
- Perfect for picnics in the park
- High traffic areas
- Brighten a classroom or kid's playroom
- Cover an old non-usable concrete spot and bring new life to the area
- Define a play space for children
- BBQ areas
- Dog grooming shows
- Market stalls
- Lounge room floors or hall runners
- Cultural wall art
- Wedding or other ceremonial mats
- Going bush
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Recycled Mats users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.