Turtles in the wild
This Aboriginal Design Turtle Season Recycled Plastic Mat in Blue hues is designed by Aboriginal Artist Christine Slabb. It tells the story of the Green Sea Turtle's laying season.
The Turtle Season Mat features four mama turtles on their migration out of the sea to lay their eggs. Did you know that Green Sea Turtles will lay over 100 eggs in one nest in one season between late November to January? It's true.
We suggest picking up one of our Portable Picnic Tables in natural tones for fun afternoon gatherings with friends (and bubbles!)
Here's a handy tip too - pack one of our hand-loomed cotton throw in your boot or picnic bag and never feel the cold wind again.
The soft blues of this Turtle mat echo the sky and the sea, and it's calm nature would make this mat the ideal meditation or relaxation mat for home and living.
This mat is highly coveted by our staff and their enthusiasm for it suggests that the Turtle Season plastic mat may become one of our best sellers.
Name of Design
Origin of Design
Australian Aboriginal, 10% paid to artist
Origin of Artist
Recycled plastic, comes in a recycled and reusable plastic carry bag
These mats are reversible. Photos show both sides of the same mat. Mat colours may differ slightly from the images shown due to the different inks used in individual print runs.
All our floor mats have been made to the best attainable standards from UV treated recycled polypropylene. Follow our guide to mat maintenance for cleaning and storage instructions. Our floor mats and playmats are suitable for indoor and outdoor use, but extensive exposure to sun or rain will lead to fading and deterioration over time.
Not suitable for children under 3 years
- A fabulous sea-life inspired playmat for childcare centres and preschools
- Library 'storytelling' rugs
- A calm mat to help children self-regulate or take time out in a busy classroom
- Use it for school events such as sports carnivals and swimming days
- Family reunions
- Perfect for the beach – sand just washes or shakes off
- The prettiest mat for instagram selfies at food truck events and music festivals
- Brighten a classroom or kid's playroom
- Define a play space for children
- Keep one in the boot for unexpected gatherings with the school mums
Reviews5 / 5 from 1 Review.
Turtle SeasonBy: Sandra Noble on 30 August 2019Just love my turtle mat, collected my mat directly from the shop, lovely friendly service with a smile. Thank you very much
Recycled Mats is a proud long-term member of the Indigenous Art Code, which ensures transparent, fair and ethical business trade in works of art by Indigenous artists.