The Turtle Season mat features four mama turtles on their migration out of the sea to lay their eggs
This Aboriginal design recycled plastic mat in blue hues is designed by Aboriginal Artist Christine Slabb. It tells the story of the Green Sea turtle's laying season. Did you know that Green Sea turtles will lay over 100 eggs in one nest in one season between late November to January? It's true!
The soft blues of this mat echo the sky and the sea, and its calm nature would make this mat the ideal meditation or relaxation mat for home and living. It is easy to look after – spills wipe off with ease whilst heavier soiling can be hosed off. Fold up your mat for storage or transportation as you move from home to the park or beach, or from your lunch break to a study session.
A stylish ground cover that is soft to walk and lie on, durable, waterproof and UV treated – and made from recycled plastics, you're doing the right thing for the planet too!
To extend the longevity of our mats, we supply complimentary recycled plastic carry bags with a zipper and handle for transportation and safe storage.
We're now exploring how we can 're-recycle' your unwanted mats! Our exciting initiative for re-purposing and re-using them is a must-read.
Name of Design
turtle season mat 2.7m
Origin of Design
Australian Aboriginal, 10% paid to artist
Fabric / Materials
Recycled plastic, comes in a recycled and reusable plastic carry bag
These mats are reversible. Photos show both sides of the same mat. Mat colours may differ slightly from the images shown due to the different inks used in individual print runs. Designed in Australia, manufactured in China or India. NOTE that sizes are +/- 5% due to weaving techniques in manufacturing and may not to be 100% as stated. If using on a slippery surface, non slip mesh recommended underneath.
All our floor mats have been made to the best attainable standards from UV treated recycled polypropylene. Follow our guide to mat maintenance for cleaning and storage instructions. Our floor mats and playmats are suitable for indoor and outdoor use, but extensive exposure to sun or rain will lead to fading and deterioration over time.
Not suitable for children under 3 years
- A fabulous sea-life inspired playmat for childcare centres and preschools
- Library 'storytelling' rugs
- A calm mat to help children self-regulate or take time out in a busy classroom
- Use it for school events such as sports carnivals and swimming days
- Family reunions
- Perfect for the beach – sand just washes or shakes off
- The prettiest mat for instagram selfies at food truck events and music festivals
- Brighten a classroom or kid's playroom
- Define a play space for children
- Keep one in the boot for unexpected gatherings with the school mums
- Not designed for permanent, long term sun exposure as this may cause premature deterioration