Hitting the beach with friends this summer? Keen to get the family away from screens and into some sand and surf? Do it in style with protection from the Otentik sunshade perfectly pastel peach! Finally, a beach shelter that’s actually made for the Australian beach!
The Otentik sunshade is tougher than your average beach tent. It was designed with the searing sun in mind, but also constructed to withstand the high winds that usually send beach umbrellas flying. Made from a heavy duty Lycra microfibre, it’s graded UPF50 for sun protection. It’s hardwearing but still light enough to pop in the back of the car for your family day out. The 'medium' sized shelter, known as The Original, keeps around 4 people covered from the harsh sun.
The Otentik beach shelter is easy to put up, with no need to find a stable place to dig spikes into the ground. Instead, this innovative beach tent works using heavy duty sandbags to secure the shelter in place. This means you can use it in wet, dry, windy or calm conditions without damage to the tent itself or those sheltering under it!
When you need a beach tent for baby, a sun shelter for the family picnic or an added relaxation space for camping with friends, the Otentik beach shelter is the perfect choice. Pair it with a quality, colourful beach mat or funky portable wooden picnic table for the ultimate in enjoyable outdoor living!
Here are some tips for mastering the setup of your awesome Otentik beach shelter…
- Make sure your sandbags are really full. They should be heavy enough that they won’t slide toward the tent when you put the poles in place. If it’s really windy, you can bury the sandbags or barricade them with extra sand.
- Pull the filled sandbags right away from the tent so that the fabric is taut, not saggy. There should be a bit of tension when you put the poles in place.
- Position your poles in the outer corners, almost touching the rope knots. If it’s really windy, try to place them with the direction of the wind.
- Don’t panic! It can take a few tries to get the Otentik sunshade stable and positioned to your liking. These tough sun shelters are made for high winds and wet or dry conditions, so rest assured that the setup WILL work, but you might need to try it a few different ways first.
Name of design: Otentick Sunshade – The Original
Origin of design: Australia
Size: 2.1 x 2.1m, 165cm high, 2.3kg
Colour: Peach. *Also available in the following colour options - green or blue.
* Kit includes sunshade, sandbags, poles and carry bag.